Well, this is most assuredly the tastiest week Virtual Bastion has had in a long time. It’s now the Duck’s turn to write about just a handful of the many video game foods I’d like to try. I’ve narrowed it down to several sections, Sides, Meals, and Desserts, with three entries each. Because without some sort of limit, this list might very well go on forever!
- Crab Bisque: Kingdom Hearts 3 – All the food in Kingdom Hearts 3 looks delicious, but just one option that I think deserves a place here is the crab bisque. Because crab is amazing and there’s even a whole claw in there!
- Savory Bread: Animal Crossing: New Horizons – No meal would be complete without some sort of bread, and I think the savory bread in New Horizons looks quite appealing. This bread contains carrot, tomato, and potato, which sounds quite tasty indeed.
- Potato Galette: Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Apparently potato galette is a dish where you cut potatoes thinly and bake it in the oven until it’s crispy on the outside. I kind of need to make this for real because I love anything containing crispy potatoes.
- Stuffed Quail: Kingdom Hearts 3 – As guilty as I feel about eating such a small bird, the stuffed quail looks rather delicious. I’m just not sure where one would even obtain a quail. If only I had Donald and Goofy around to incessantly tell me that “this might be a good spot to find some ingredients”….
- Grilled Sea Bass with Herbs: Animal Crossing: New Horizons – We’ve often wondered what to do with all the copious amounts of sea bass we’ve caught in Animal Crossing. Now, instead of releasing the blasted things (because the money they fetch just isn’t worth it), we can just eat them and enact our long-awaited vengeance. I have mixed feelings about the use of weeds as herbs, though.
- Pesce all’Acqua Pazza: Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Or perhaps you’d rather splurge a little and eat a more expensive fish. This Italian dish actually translates to “Fish in Crazy Water” and can be made using red snapper, a tomato, and one manila clam. But…where do we get the crazy water? Donald and Goofy’s skills might be required here once again….
- Peach’s Cake: Super Mario 64 – One of the most classic video game desserts would have to be the cake Princess Peach makes at the end of Super Mario 64. What’s even cooler is that you can actually get this cake in the real world at Super Nintendo World at Universal Studios Japan. Then again, I don’t plan on going to Japan anytime soon, so I’ll just have to make it myself.
- Butterscotch Cinnamon Pie: Undertale – Ever since I first played Undertale, I wondered what Toriel’s Butterscotch Cinnamon Pie tasted like. In fact, I’m pretty determined to make it myself one of these days. I imagine it has to be much better than snail pie….
- The Cake: Portal – Okay, the video game dessert I probably want most of all would be the cake that’s denied us in Portal. After all, it looks so delicious and moist, and I’m simply not going to allow GLaDOS the satisfaction of preventing me from at least taking a bite. The cake will not remain a lie forever!