After about five months, Mario Party Superstars finally got a small update from Nintendo. There aren’t a ton of changes here, but there are enough to make playing the game just that much more enjoyable. More than anything else, this is an indicator that Nintendo has not, in fact, forgotten the game, and that’s a big deal for those of us who are hoping to see more substantial updates somewhere down the line.
As usual when it comes to Nintendo news, our source regarding this update is Nintendo Everything. It’s a fantastic site and you should definitely check them out sometime if you aren’t already following them. Anyway, here are the changes as quoted from the patch notes:
– Fixed an issue in which the game cannot progress forward when viewing minigame rankings in the Data House.
– Made changes to a game feature where a session is immediately ended when pressing the B button while in the Village Square after joining players via the Friend House. A message will now be displayed asking if you would like to end the session.
– Fixed an issue in which the minigame does not end when playing Ice-Rink Risk, Dizzy Dancing, Catch You Letter, or Cheep Cheep Chase.
– Fixed an issue in the Stick and Spin minigame in which the game’s movement gets slower as the high score gets raised and the game forcibly ends.
– Fixed other issues to improve the overall gameplay experience.
Of these, preventing the accidental cancellation of multiplayer games is probably going to be the most significant. I don’t know about you, but I’ve definitely annoyed my friends a lot by accidentally pressing B during setup. Hopefully this won’t be the only update and maybe we’ll even get an expansion in a style similar to that massive track pack for Mario Kart 8!
How do you like Mario Party Superstars? What kinds of changes/additions would you like to see in the future?
Captured by Hatmonster.