With Animal Crossing: New Horizons receiving frequent updates to add new events and other features, I started thinking about other improvements I’d like to see in future updates. This is by no means an exhaustive list, so if you have any changes of your own that you’re hoping Nintendo will implement, please share your thoughts in the comments below!
- Unbreakable Tools: I would love it if gold tools didn’t break. You work so hard to even earn golden tools, and then you spend a gold nugget on it, only for it to break. I’m not made of gold nuggets, Nintendo!
- Ability to Move Resident Services: With all the construction I’ve been doing to my town to customize it to my liking, I find it a bit disappointing that you can’t move Resident Services. Fortunately, mine was already in a pretty decent spot, but that may not be the case for everyone.
- Add Flats and Sharps to the Town Tune: I’ve never customized my town tune before, but with my Disney theme, I wanted my town tune to sound like the beginning of Grim Grinning Ghosts (“When the crypt doors creak and the tombstones quake…”). But alas, with no sharps and flats, I simply can’t.
- Bell Vouchers: Can I please specify how many bell vouchers I want instead of having to buy them one at a time?
- Ability to Store Fully Grown Plants: While doing construction to my island, I sometimes wanted to move trees, flowers, and shrubs without having to get rid of them. It would have been much nicer if I could have stored them, but alas, I had to sell a lot of them instead when replanting them in an empty spot became impossible.
- Make More Items Customizable: There are certain items you can’t customize and getting the alternate version is just not easy. For example, I ended up with a yellow lighthouse. Getting a different version is not a matter of simply waiting for the other color to become available. I will never have that option and can only get a different version from someone else who has access to it. Not everyone has a lot of friends to trade with, so why can’t I just customize my lighthouse to my choosing? I don’t want yellow.
- Move Rocks Like Trees: This game is so customizable. You can move almost all buildings (aside from Resident Services…), and you can pick up and relocate fully grown trees. But if I want to move a rock, I have to break it and hope for the best. Why can’t we just pick them up and move them?
- Move Outdoor Items with More Precision: You can move items so easily inside your house, but not so much outdoors. I mean, it’s usually not a problem, but when I have a large, round table, perhaps I’d like to place an item in the center. But no, this is not an option outdoors. Wouldn’t it be cool if moving outdoor items was as easy as moving indoor ones?
- More Freedom to Choose Which Villager Moves: For one thing, it already bugs me that I have had to speak to campers for an hour to get them to agree to move to my town (why are you so stubborn, Ankha!). But after all that, if your town is full, it appears that the camper chooses which villager is willing to move, not the player. Admittedly, I saw a video online where someone got to choose, but it didn’t work that way for me (is that only an option with amiibo campers?), so some update to this whole system would be appreciated.
- Tiki Furniture: Sure, we have tiki torches and rattan furniture, but an entire tiki-themed set of furniture, complete with actual tikis would be so cool!
- Certain Characters Don’t Need to Talk So Much: Especially when I already spoke to them and heard that same dialogue ten times already!
- No Grass Borders Between Paths, Please: I wanted brick down the center of my cobblestoned Main Street USA. But Nintendo flat out refused me this one, simple pleasure.
- Move Outdoor Camera Freely: Now, perhaps I’m asking for too much. But wouldn’t it to be awesome if we could freely move our camera outdoors and see our island from all angles? This has never been done in an Animal Crossing game before, but it would sure be pretty sweet!
If I could make one change, it would be this …
ADD TO BASKET AT ABLES.
I buy a lot of clothes at the Able Sisters, for myself, for my friends, and for my villagers as gifts… but it takes so long! It must take about 5 minutes to buy all my clothes sometimes, with the number of different things I want, and the different colours, almost all having to be picked individually. It would take seconds if there was a basket/cart feature where you just pick all the items you want and then buy them all in one tidy transaction.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Totally agree! I often want multiple colors of a particular clothing item, but I end up giving up because I don’t feel like buying them one at a time. I wanted to buy the meme shirt for every villager (the one with a cat shooting lasers from its eyes), but I gave up after two. I ended up just giving them to my original two characters.
Comments are closed.