News Byte: Oculus VR is Working on Ways to End “Simulator Sickness”

NewsBytelogo

News Byte: Oculus VR is Working on Ways to End “Simulator Sickness”

The virtual reality gaming headset Oculus Rift has been all over the new recently, and the train shows no time of stopping any time soon. But if you’re one of many who sffer from motion sickness, maybe you’re having second thoughts about the system? Perhaps Oculus VR has figure out how to make things right for you.

Source: Polygon

For a great Oculus Rift demo, check out the following video from UWG contributor Sam of cheeesetoastieandvideogames, or click the link to head to her blog!

Lets Play: Oculus Rift Virtual Reality Headset and More!

(Below you can stream the recording or right-click on the icon and select “Save Link As” to download it.)

newsbyteiconscropped

1. C. T. Murphy says:

I want one more and more. I’d be especially interested if does eventually release with Android, and presumably some access to the Android roster of apps.

Now there’s an interesting tie-in — the Oculus Rift and Android. Yeah, something like that would be pretty sweet.

1. C. T. Murphy says:

Imagine shows or movies designed for this thing. It’d be a really fun and immersive experience.

The Rift by itself isn’t enough to sell me. Now give me the ability to move around in the game… then you might have something. Too bad this thing is so expensive, I really want to try it!

Wow, that thing is crazy cool! I’m kind of amazed that it only started as Kickstarter project. I can see it in my house now…next to the treadmill… 🙂

3. Vitosal says:

I’m really looking forward to this, just the cost of it is going to be super high

You’re not wrong there. But it’d be great to see this technology someday become as prevalent as computers.

1. Vitosal says:

oh I agree. I can just imagine my mom walking into my house while her nearly 30 year old is playing his video games on this thing over his head…just imagine..

2. Vitosal says:

oh I agree. I can just imagine my mom walking into my house while her nearly 30 year old son is playing his video games on this thing over his head…just imagine..

That looks pretty neat. I was hoping this kind of technology would become real someday. Strangely enough, I might wimp out and never use it.

I think I’m in that same boat. Like, It’s been really cool to watch the progression of VR over the years, but I don’t know that I’d actually find something like the Oculus Rift all that enjoyable in pratice.